Ağa Camii (Agha Mosque) is on Istiklal Avenue in the Beyoğlu district. The mosque overlooks Sakızağaci Street to the west and Maliyeci Street to north. The Mosque was built by Agha of Galatasaray who is Sheikh-ul Islam Huseyin, and was later renovated during the reign of Mahmud II in 1894. The mosque is attached to the Rumeli Han from the east and it is completely surrounded by a courtyard wall.
The only mosque over Istiklal Avenue is on the right section within a courtyard separated from the street with its dome. It is at the point where Sakızağacı Avenue intersects with Istiklal Avenue. Its main entrance is on Mahyacı Street but it also has an entrance from Istiklal Street. It was built by Agha of Galatasaray, Hüseyin Agha in 1594 and repaired in 1834.
The roof of the small structure with a rectengular plan and without a dome as well as the sides od its windows, is ornamented with classical pencrafts. At the entrance section, there is women’s mahfil. The fountain in its courtyard was brought from Sinan Pasha Mosque built by Mimar Sinan and that did not reach today.