This mosque was built during the reign of Sultan Mustafa III in 1760. It burned down compeletely in 1853. Eventually it was rebuilt in 1858 by Sultan Abdülmecid out of stone. The building reflects the influence of the Ottoman Baraque style. The primary school that was built next to the mosque no longer exists today. The architect of teh mosque was the head arhitect of the time, Mahmed Tahir Agha. The mosque is called İskele (Wharf ) Mosque because of the wharf that is near the mosque. However, due to land reclamation, the original relationship of the mosque to the sea has been lost. The area that was reclamimed from the sea carries a great deal of pedestrian and vehicle traffic in Kadikoy.
Osman Agha Mosque
This mosque is situated on the road that goes from Kadikoy to Söğütlüçeşme. It dates back to the reign of Sultan Mehmed II. The mosque of Hızır Çelebi Efendi, the qadi at the time of Mehmeh II, used to stand here. In 1612, due to the dilapidated condition of the mosque, Osman Agha, built a new mosque was also in a very poor condition, and it was rebuilt during the reign of Mahmud II. In 1878 the mosque was demaged in a fire, but renovalted in the same year. The magnificent plane tree in the garden is more than 130 years old.