This is located on Necatibey Street in Tophane, next to Nusretiye Mosque. This building was one of the most important elements of the old Tophane Square. It was commissioned by Sultan Abdulmecid to be built by the English architect James Smith and completed in 1852. The pavilion was used as accomodation for the sultans who were visiting the army in Tophane or as a reception place for foreign goverment represantatives arriving in the city. Moreover, the pavilion hosted very important historical events. The pavilion was built on the orders of Sultan Mahmut II in 1823-26 in the Baroque style out of hewn stones and marble. The brother of the tsar, Grand Duke Constantine, was put up here by Sultan Abdulmecid. The international conference which ended the Ottoman-Greek War in 1897 and the Commission des Detroits (International Straits Commmision) were summoned here after the Treaty of Lausanne. The pavilion is rectangular and consists of two floors, and it is located parallel to the sea. Among the most attractive features of the pavilion are its exterior carvings, the Baroque style balcony supported by columns, the ceiling decorations and the marble fireplace.